Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee (Kahnawà:ke, Quebec – 19 Kentenhkó:wa/November 2021) - The Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee is pleased to officially announce the results of the elections which were held on Wednesday, November 17, 2021, at their Annual General Assembly.
The General Representative seat (for a parent/guardian of student(s) attending outside schools funded by the Kahnawà:ke Education Center) was filled by acclamation by Silver-Jade Montour.
The Post-Secondary Representative seat (for a post-secondary student 18 years and older, or a parent/guardian of a post-secondary student who is under 18 years of age and is on the KEC nominal roll) was filled by Tahothoratie Cross (Incumbent).
Lily Deer was the sole person nominated for the Community Representative seat. However, due to the absence of her nominator and seconder during the Assembly, her election on the Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee is not valid. A Special Election to fill the Community seat on the Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee will be held in December before the New Year. Details on the special election will be released in the coming weeks.
The Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee would like to welcome Silver-Jade and congratulate Tahothoratie on his re-election. We look forward to continuing the grass-roots work of the Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee by carrying out the vision of our founding members while ensuring to meet the needs of students and families.
Below is the list of volunteer members. Each term is three years from the date of appointment or election.
1. Tahothoratie Cross (Chairperson), Post-Secondary Representative - Re-Elected by Acclamation: November 17/21
2. Clint Shakohawi Goodleaf, Karonhianónhnha Representative - Appointed: December 3/20
3. Marnie Jacobs, Kahnawake Survival School Representative - Appointed: December 12/18
4. Chelsea Lahache (Secretary), Kateri School Representative - Re-Appointed: December 20/20
5. Amelia McGregor, Mohawk Trail Longhouse Representative - Appointed: January 1/15
6. Silver-Jade Montour, General Representative - Elected by Acclamation: November 17/21
7. Lynne Norton, Interim Longhouse on 207 Representative - Appointed: January 17/19
8. Christine Regis, Kateri School Representative - Appointed: November 12/19
9. Leslie-Anne Stacey (Vice-Chairperson), Karonhianónhnha Representative - Appointed: March 28/19
10. Shyann White (Treasurer), General Representative - Elected by Acclamation: November 18/20
11. Vacant, Community Representative (filled by Election to be held in the near future)
12. Vacant, Kahnawake Survival School Representative (Appointed at a KSS In School Committee Meeting)
For more information, you may contact:
Kahnawà:ke Combined Schools Committee