Kahnawà:ke Education Center (KEC) (Kahnawà:ke, Quebec – 21 Kenténha/October 2020) The transition to remote learning is experiencing anticipated challenges. Students, parents, and educators are still learning to adjust to their new routines. As it is a learning experience for all of us, our schools are making minor modifications as the week progresses.
In regards to technology:
Kahnawake Survival School
- 100% of students have Chromebooks
- Connectivity is an ongoing issue and the KEC is asking for patience as our IT team is looking into how to rectify the issues.
- All students from Grades 3-6 have Chromebooks
- iPads are on order for Nursery - Grade 1
- They are reviewing the best option for Grade 2 (either a Chromebook or iPad)
Karonhianónhnha Tsi Ionterihwaienstáhkhwa
- 120 iPads have been ordered for Nursery - Grade 2 students
- In need of 65 Chrome books. We are preparing to deploy 30 Chromebooks and other devices while waiting for the shipment to arrive.
Despite every effort to provide the necessary hardware, we are experiencing significant COVID-related shipping delays; this is outside of our control. We are exploring other options to fix this issue. In the meantime, we thank parents for utilizing their personal devices while waiting for our shipments. As promised, as soon as when we receive them, we will be sure to organize a swift distribution to those students affected by the shortage.
For questions related to curriculum and instruction, please contact your child’s school. For questions related to technology, we ask that parents contact the KEC Chromebook Help Desk at 450-290-6138.
We are currently preparing communications regarding Phase II for issue to the community.
For more information, contact: