Kahnawà:ke Education Center (KEC) (Kahnawà:ke, Quebec – 11 Seskéha/August 2020) KEC Schools are taking all precautions to ensure that our schools are safe for our returning students according to all the guidelines set forth by the Kahnawake Task Force. However, we do understand that parents still have concerns about sending their child(ren) to school on-site. With that in mind, we are in the process of developing a KEC Home Learning Program (a parent-led learning program that will be monitored and supported by your respective school). This option is for Elementary Schools only. Here is more information on the KEC Home Learning Program.
KATERI & KARONHIANÓNHNHA Elementary Schools
KEC Home Learning Program
Parents to ensure that all children are given the opportunity to succeed, whatever their needs.
- The Home Learning Program will support parents through a multi-disciplinary team assigned to each respective school. Janice Beauvais, KEC Student and Community Engagement Consultant will collaborate the services with respective schools.
- Parents/guardians will be responsible to deliver expected grade-level learning outcomes and targets identified by the KEC respective school.
- KEC Home Learning Program is primarily for KEC elementary schools.
- The approach in the delivery of learning outcomes must be incorporated through a balance of direct and indirect approaches (e.g. 1:1 instruction, project-based learning, natural play, and exploration, etc.).
- Students will be provided with required instructional materials as well as links to required and recommended on-line learning resources. Chromebook and IPad will be available if needed.
- Periodic check-in, support, and monitoring of student progress is a mandatory component of the program.
- Child must be registered with a KEC school.
- It is mandatory to stay within this chosen program for the full first phase (September 21 - October 30, 2020).
- Parents/guardian can opt into on-line learning after phase 1. (The Process will be explained)
- Further information will be provided to parents during their school orientation meeting (the week of September 14 – 17, 2020)
- A KEC Learning Program Guideline will be available in the coming weeks
KAHNAWAKE SURVIVAL SCHOOL High School
Kahnawake Survival School will be providing a blended approach to all students. The blended approach will incorporate days for on-site learning and days for on-line/remote learning.
Alternate considerations for students with medical concerns will be made should they be requested by parents for on-site learning days. Parents must notify the school directly or inform the school via telephone survey currently being administered.
More information will be given during orientation week.